Monday, September 22, 2008

The New School Appoints Bruce Nussbaum Professor of Innovation And Design

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/NussbaumOnDesign/archives/2008/09/the_new_school.html


"I’ve always wanted to live an “interesting life” and the journey has taken me to fascinating places. So I’m changing titles. For the next year and perhaps beyond, I’ll be at The New School, working with President Bob Kerrey (yes, the Senator), provost Joe Westphal, Parson’s dean Tim Marshall and a group of terrific professors and wonderful students from around the world, designing new programs, learning experiences, and research projects."

~Bruce Nussbaum


Since I coincidentally past by the New School(http://www.newschool.edu/) several times, I had a doubt in my mind. Is it another new school in this city? I have not idea about it at all. Maybe, it is just a whole new school without much experiences. After I reading this articles, I knew a little more about the New School. It's not totally a new school. In fact, it was composed by some schools. It also includes various students whose major are in drama, music, environment, design, and management. Moreover, the New School recruited Bruce Nussbaum, a contributing editor for innovation in Businessweek, as an visiting professor. This school is really a brilliant component. It takes advantages from several schools to turn into a new school. It can be many unites or a whole.

No comments: