Sunday, September 14, 2008

As literal as liquid light gets

http://www.core77.com/blog/object_culture/as_literal_as_liquid_light_gets_11075.asp#more


"My aim is to look at all the resources we have and then try to redesign new future scenarios, rather than "redesign" what's already just to make it perform better. In this case, I was curious about the fact that domestic lighting has not changed, essentially, that much since Edison's invention: you always need a power source and a physical device (call it lightbulb, fiberoptic, led). What I wanted to do is to give a total different approach to light, make people realise we can think of objects that surround us different and shape the technological advance a different way." stated by Cristina Ferraz Rigo.



Liquid light is really a amazing idea. Although Cristina Ferraz Rigo used chemoluminescent reactions, which isn't a recent discover, her liquid light did inspire me. For some people, it is not a difficult design or great invention, just putting glowing liquid into a glass bottle, but who can think of this. Rigo blew my imagination away, but provided me a creative thought. It could be one way to start my own project:" try to redesign new future scenarios, rather than "redesign" what's already just to make it perform better."

No comments: