Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Love NY 3D Poster by Oded Ezer

http://www.core77.com/blog/object_culture/i_love_ny_3d_poster_by_oded_ezer_11272.asp#more


"Typographic artist Oded Ezer's I ♥ NY poster uses a 3D sculptural technique he developed in an earlier work called The Finger.
"This 70x100 cm poster is a homage to Milton Glaser, whose famous I ♥ NY logo is one of the things that stuck into my mind forever. Glaser's design is simple and direct, and I felt it will be still recognizable even if I will make it more complicated"
Based in Israel, Ezer made a conscious decision to produce more work in English after his presentation at TYPO Berlin when he noticed the audience's enthusiasm for the single piece he showed in English, the rest of his work was in Hebrew and only understandable by a few people."




Typographer is a new term for me. I thought it's more related to two dimensional forms than three dimension. Oded Ezer blew me away. In his work, the letters are sticked in different hight. When the light projects on those 3 dimensional letters, the shadows become a part of composition. It's complex and intriguing.

No comments: